Eroni Kumana

My photo
Gizo, Western province, Solomon Islands

Featured Post

Grandson said to Repeat History

The grandson said that now they make it to alive their (Eroni, Biuku, and President Kennedy) spirit to see each other after the war. “At las...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kumana Recover from Mourning after Family Built his Wife’s Permanent Burial site.

It is part of our culture to build a permanent burial site for the dead relative after 1 or 2 years.

Before that occasion takes place a husband or wife or beloved once will be mourned.

By doing this a person may absence from cutting or combing his/her hair or shaving his beard etc.
This is to show respect/love to the dead person.

Aaron Kumana, since he lost his beloved wife, he never cut his hair for almost 2 years.

“I suppose not to comb my hair also, but due to unexpected visitors coming, then I want to comb my hair, this is to show my respect to tourists, this is for hygienic purpose, but I won’t cut my hair, this is to show my respect to my wife who left me.

The occasion brought relatives and friends to build his wife’s permanent burial site. 

The planning for this occasion was supposed to be last year 2012. Kumana demanded that this won't take him 3 years, but this year 2013.

During the occasion Kumana cut his hair, which means his grieving will no longer control him.

Kumana said, he has now recovered from mourning the loss of his wife.

He also thanked his USA people for requesting him on the boat for 1 or 2 days that also contributed to ease him.  

Moreover is his friend/son, Hon. Danny Kennedy and his wife Kerry Kennedy who continuing supporting him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment